MONDAY IS HALLOWEEN! I can't believe it is already here. This year is FLYING by.
So we did a lot this week in both reading and math. We learned how to blend short u words, how to summarize, how to add doubles to 18, how to add 1 to a number, and we are going to keep working on all of those things next week so we can become masters at them!
A couple of weeks ago we learned how to write a letter.
A couple of students left a letter for the desk fairy. Don't worry, she got them. :)
So cute and fun.
This week to help us get ready for Halloween, we learned about monsters, ghosts, spiders and bats.
On Monday we did worksheets on monsters and read books about monsters.
It was just a monster day!
For this activity, the students had to listen to my directions and follow them.
I love how different they turned out.
The directions are:
1. Give your monster three purple eyes.
2. Add a strange green nose.
3. Put on big, pointed yellow ears.
4. Add a mouth with sharp red teeth.
5. Put on crazy orange hair.
6. Now give it pink spots all over.
7. Give your monster 3 blue feet.
8. Add 4 black arms.
Tuesday we made ghosts. It is really simple to make.
Just get a wire hanger, white tights, black paint, and you can make your ghosts!
They can bend them however they want to and make it their own.
I think they turned out pretty cute!
When we learned about spiders, I had a hard time reading the book I had about spiders.
I hate spiders. A lot.
They are gross and the pictures made the spiders look huge and SO real.
GROSS.
I told the kids if they didn't want to look at the pictures they didn't have to,
because I wasn't even going to look at the pictures.
And I kept reminding them that the pictures in the book aren't real.
I had to keep telling myself the same thing...
But our art project that we did was pretty fun.
Just get a black plate, cut around the edges, wrap grey yarn around it and put a spider ring in the middle.
BATS. I had fun learning about bats and the different kinds. Bats are so unusual and neat to learn about.
We did an art project and I love how they turned out! I like doing art so much with these kids because they all turn out SO different from one another. You can really tell their personalities from their art.
Monday is Halloween and it is going to be a fun day!
We will still be doing reading and math, but all of the reading and math that we do will be about Halloween (if you can't beat em', join em').
We will also be going to the book fair.
If you know me, I love books.
Therefore, I love book fairs!
Next week is also parent/teacher conferences and I am looking forward to seeing each of you!
Thank you for all that you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment