Saturday, October 22, 2011

We learned SO much this week!  We learned about the difference between fantasy and realism, learned how to write addition sentences, learned our doubles, and LOTS more!  We even learned what to do during an earthquake!  To help us learn our doubles facts, we learned the doubles rap.  I love the doubles rap, and so do the kids.  We practice it every day.  They are all pretty good with the doubles facts up to 10, but once we start with 6+6, it's downhill.  So we are going to be working on those LOTS more this week.
We started doing our Halloween worksheets/crafts/activities this week. 
 I love this time of the year in a classroom!  There is so much to do and so much going on.  I just love it!  :)
To introduce the Halloween activities, we started with a scary week book. 
It was fun to make and to see how everyone drew their pictures.  Here is what the book says:
On Sunday I saw one big scarecrow.
On Monday I saw two fuzzy spiders.
On Tuesday I saw three full moons.
On Wednesday I saw four spooky witches.
On Thursday I saw five black cats.
On Friday I saw six geeky ghosts.
On Saturday I saw seven jack-o-lanterns.
Each day we do something different.  Tuesday all of our centers were about scarecrows.


Wednesday we learned about pumpkins.


On Thursday we did witches.


And Friday we learned about skeletons!  I loved this because we didn't learn about just Halloween skeletons, but we learned about our bodies and how we move.  We learned a lot on Friday!

Next week we will learn about monsters, ghosts, spiders, and bats.  
Then before we know it, it will be time for Thanksgiving!  This year is going by way too fast.  
I enjoy being at school every day, and I LOVE being a first grade teacher!  
I hope the kids enjoy school as much as I do.  :)  
Thank you parents for all of your help!  I couldn't do it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment