What a busy 4 days! Halloween and parent/teacher conferences make the week seem so crazy, but fun at the same time! I really enjoyed seeing all of you at conference this week!
Monday was Halloween, so we did a lot of Halloween activities.
I gave each of them a piece of orange paper, and we read "The Little Orange House". It is about a witch that makes a house that she can stay in for the winter. She folds the paper in half, cuts off the corners on the top to make a roof, cuts a little door big enough for her to fit in, cuts out a window, then she meets a ghost friend and she has to cut out a little door for the ghost. In the end it makes a pumpkin when you unfold it. I love how unique they all are. They turned out so different from one another.
We also play Halloween Bingo. They each colored these last week, I laminated them, and then we played!
Later we had a Halloween parade and a party. Thank you SO much to the parents that did the party! It was really fun and the kids enjoyed it so much.
The kids got to play 3 different games.
They got to eat donuts from a string without touching it with their hands.
I thought this game was fun! There are pictures in those bowls, they each got a straw, and they had to get the picture stuck to their straw...
...run it to the other bowl...
...drop it, then run back. It was such a fun relay game!
They also played a music game where they would get prizes.
It was a fun day to say the least!
After Halloween, it was time to start on the Thanksgiving projects. Seriously?!?!?! Already?!?! Only 2 weeks before our Thanksgiving break. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT! Once we get to Halloween, Christmas seems to come right away. CRAZY!
The first things that we got to do were:
A turkey math page. We've been working on our doubles, and they all did a great job!
We made thankful hands! They traced their hands, wrote what they were thankful for and I put them on a tree in the back of the room.
We also made our November calendars!
Next week we will start learning harder things and I am excited to teach them! We will be learning about ending blends and sounds. -ed, -s, -ing. I'm pretty excited!
Thanks for all you do parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment