I'm sorry that I didn't post on Friday! I didn't forget...I just thought I could put it all together today, since we have Thursday and Friday off. SO last week was another great week. Friday was a crazy day - it was the Hillcrest homecoming parade, so they came by our school and threw us all candy! We learned how to be fair, and give everyone the same amount of candy. It was a fun little lesson, and they all got candy out of it!
In science last week, we put beans in a baggie with a paper towel and a little water at the bottom (so it doesn't get dry) and we've been watching them grow for a week now. These pictures were taken on Tuesday (yesterday). Even I have been getting excited about watching them grow. I can't wait to see what they are going to look like after the long weekend!
Like I said, these were taken Tuesday. This one was taken in the morning...
This one was taken Tuesday afternoon. I couldn't believe how much it grew just in one day!!!
My favorite part about this science project is watching the roots grow.
I am looking forward to coming back to school on Monday to a wall full of beans! :)
Once a month, we will be going to a program called FAME. Volunteers will come in each month to teach the kids about some form of art, then the kids will do the art project themselves. In September, they talked about stories behind music as well as different colors and shapes used in pictures. The students were given foam shapes with different colors and had to make something out of the shapes. These were the results. I love how they turned out! They have such an imagination and they are so creative.
These were a few of my favorites. I loved this one. It's a giraffe with clouds in the sky.
This was a picture of a cabin in the woods, but I loved the trees that this student made and had to share those
It's a cheetah! I love this! The title of this one is "Speed King". How creative.
I love this person. They did a great job of coming up with things out of shapes. So abstract!
We had a great last week and a half! Each and every day is getting better with these kids.
I am learning more and more about them every day. They are such a wonderful class!
Thank you parents for ALL that you do!
Have a WONDERFUL and safe long weekend!
This was a picture of a cabin in the woods, but I loved the trees that this student made and had to share those
It's a cheetah! I love this! The title of this one is "Speed King". How creative.
I love this person. They did a great job of coming up with things out of shapes. So abstract!
Each month we will make a calendar, similar to the one we made in September. But this time, there was enough time to actually finish the calendar. They really enjoy making their own calendar, and I am so happy about that! It is a really important concept to learn, and I am glad that I get to be the one to help them learn more about calendars. :)
We had a great last week and a half! Each and every day is getting better with these kids.
I am learning more and more about them every day. They are such a wonderful class!
Thank you parents for ALL that you do!
Have a WONDERFUL and safe long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment