Why does our internet go out every weekend? Our neighbors have the router in their apartment, and they are gone many weekends. Oh well...I'm finally putting the blog up and that is all that matters.
Today was a fun week. We learned a lot and got to dress up all week for spirit week.
Today was a fun week. We learned a lot and got to dress up all week for spirit week.
On Monday we got to dress up like a different decade:
Tuesday was fake injury day:
Wednesday was crazy hair day:
Thursday was mismatch day:
Friday we just wore our school colors. I meant to take a picture, but the day got away from me and I forgot about it! That was mostly my week. I don't know where the time is going! Next week it is going to be Februrary. Valentines Day will be here before I know it! I guess I need to get ready!
This week we learned about long vowel i. To introduce long i, we learned this poem:
Then we made sorting bags during centers to help us remember the difference between long i and short i.

I was the Social Studies teacher, until we decided to do science and social studies in our own classroom, instead of rotating to other classrooms.
I was very glad because I enjoy having my class for all of the subjects, instead of the other classes.
They are all great kids, but it is just difficult to try and teach another class when we all teach and discipline differently.
For a while now, I have been teaching that a city is smaller than a state, a state is smaller than a country, etc.
Last week we read a story called Me on the Map.
The story is all about what I have been teaching.
This week, I decided to do this fun activity with my class.
Each circle is a different size to help them understand which is bigger than which.

They all did a GREAT drawing earth.
I think this activity really helped them understand the different sizes.
And art projects are always fun!
For "my city" I had them draw a picture of something in our city. Buildings, a park, the river, our school, etc.
On Monday, we celebrated The Chinese New Year.
We didn't spend a TON of time on it (Monday's are always busy), but we did have time to make these fun lanterns!
It was quick and easy, and they had fun with it.
If we had more time, I would have let them decorate them more.
At least they got to choose their own colors!

There was a lot to learn this week and they all did a great job.
I am always impressed at how much they learn and how quickly they pick it up.
It makes teaching much more enjoyable. :)
I love my job, and I love my class!
Thank you parents for all that you do!

No comments:
Post a Comment