Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome back!  We got right back into the swing of things the first day back.  It was a rough week trying to get back into things, but we made it through the first week back.  Half way through the year!  Can you believe it?  Because I can't.  At all.  Christmas came and left.  And now it is the year 2012.  I never thought this year would come.  And to think that one day it is going to be 2042...crazy.  We also got a new student to start out our new year.  The kids helped him TONS and he now has 19 new best friends.  We now have an even number of kids in the classroom!  I LOVE this because they can now sit in pairs and they can each have a partner now and no body will feel left out.  Anyway, to kick the week off, we started with a new classroom management plan.  It was time for a change.  I also changed the desks around.  I love the way it is set up now.  I forgot to take a picture of it, but I enjoy it. 
Here is our new management system.  I put each of their names on a clothespin.  In the morning, they all start on "Good Behavior.  Throughout the day, the can get moved to warning, losing 5 minutes of recess, etc.  It has helped a TON so far.  I like it a lot because both the students and I can see where they stand and how they are behaving that day.  I have enjoyed it and so far, it si the best technique I have ever done.
I just wanted to share with you my FAVORITE spelling worksheet that they do during centers every Tuesday.  I call this Rainbow Spelling.  They have to write each spelling word 3 times in 3 different colors.
Here is our January calendar!  They got SO excited when they saw the project that we were doing that day.
To start off the new year, we talked about goals and resolutions.  To introduce what a resolution is, I read the book "Squirrels New Year Resolution".  It was a simple way to explain what a resolution is to a bunch of 1st graders.  After we read the book, I had them think about what they want to do better this year.
On Friday, we made these!  They turned out SO cute!
I shared this quote with them and explain to them what it meant.  I love this quote.
They turned out adorable!  It was a good way to start off the new year.
It was a good week and I am happy to be back at school with the kids smiling faces!
Thank you parents for all that you do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment