Saturday, February 4, 2012

What a fun, crazy, busy week!
  I almost can't remember what all we did this week.
But I know we had fun!  :)  Really though, we did a lot of learning this week.
We learned about long u and long o, learned how to add doubles plus 1 (5+4, 2+3, 6+7, etc).
I can't believe it is already February.  My days seem to be going so quickly.
On Wednesday, we made our February calendar.




 We learned about how February has only 29 days this year, because it is leap year.
Here are the poems for Long u and Long o:

 And since it is now February, I decided I needed to decorate for Valentines Day right away.
Before I know, Valentines Day is going to be here.  Only a week and a half and it's Valentine's Day.
So, our door was heart attacked!  :)

Friday was a really fun day.  
In the morning we took our tests and got those out of the way.  
They did a great job on the tests.  
Just when I think they aren't paying attention, they prove me wrong!  :)
For math of Friday, we had some fun.
Who is excited for the super bowl?
Well, I would be more excited if it was a team I actually liked...but why not.
So I made up a story problem.
First I explained what the super bowl is, what the NFL is (from what I hear, lots of you dads watch the NFL), what a quarterback does, and how many points a touchdown is.
Eli Manning threw 3 touch downs, Tom Brady threw 1 touch down but they missed the extra point (if I have to choose, I am rooting for the Gaints).
How many points do the Giants have?  
How many points do the Patriots have?  
Now how many points are the Gaints winning by?
Anyway, you get the point.  The boys were SO excited.
My favorite part was when one of them said, "I really hope Boise State wins!"
I couldn't help but chuckle.  I still laugh about that.
They figured it all out by using their hands and their heads.
Then, I let the students be teachers.  I sat at their desks and pretended like I was them.
They LOVED that and it was a fun way to learn!
I always say the best way to learn something is to teach it.
Friday was also kind of a sad day.  
We ended up saying goodbye to two of our classmates.
They will have a wonderful time at their new school, but we will all miss them.
Thank you parents for all that you do.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment