Let me first apologize for not updating last night.
I got home from work ready to make a blog post, and the internet decided it wasn't going to work.
The internet is STILL not working, but we figured out a temporary solution.
So this week we learned SO much, and they did so well with it!
English is a hard language to learn, and I am always so impressed with how well they do.
We learned about contractions and r blends/clusters.
We also learned some new things in math.
Adding 0 to a number, subtracting 0 from a number, and we finally got a new coin to learn about and count...DIMES! They were so excited because counting pennies was just getting too easy :)
I decided that it was time for them to switch out crayon boxes.
They were getting pretty beat up.
I was trying to wait until after Christmas, but we didn't make it.
Can you tell which one is the new one?
We also started our Christmas crafts and activities this week.
And we are just getting started!
First, we had to make out December calendar!
This is our tree that I made and they added the ornaments.
They decorated the ornaments on the front, then on the other side they wrote a gift they could give someone.
The gift had to be something you couldn't give in a box.
For example, help someone stack a chair, give a compliment to someone, help someone who is hurt, etc.
Each day until Christmas, I turn one over and our goal is to give at least one person that gift by the end of the day.
They made their own stockings! Each one is different and I love that.
Letters to Santa! We made 2 letters this week.
The first one they took home and left it there.
This one they had to keep here until December 21st.
I LOVE reading what they all had to say.
Our Christmas program was on Wednesday this last week, and it went so well!
They did SUCH a great job!
A HUGE thank you to the mom's that helped put the program together!
We have such a great class this year and I am so grateful that I get to be their teacher!
We are almost half way through the year, and I get a little choked up thinking I have to say goodbye at the end of the school year.
Thank you parents for all you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment