What a week! I won't lie, I am so exaughsted! But it was a fun week, like it always is with this class.
We did a lot of partner work this week and group work. My favorite thing we did was when we learned about bar graphs. I put them in partners, each one with a dot cube (that's what we call it), they each rolled it then they added the numbers together. They really seemed to enjoy this, and so did I!
They love anything they can do out of their seat.
This week we learned about Indian Corn. I love having a projector in our classroom! It makes everything SO much easier. I just looked up Indian Corn and showed them a picture of it through the projector so they could see what it really looks like. Then they made their own Indian Corn out of graph paper. I think they all turned out pretty cute. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with them (I am very indecisive) so I just hung them from the ceiling. It adds a nice color to our room. :)
Happy Veteran's Day! To celebrate Veteran's Day, we read the following story:
Boy is it a tear jerker. I couldn't make it through without bawling. It is about a little girl who's dad goes to Afghanistan and misses him, so she goes home and writes down all of her wishes for her dad. I won't tell you how it ends, but don't worry, it is a good ending. Very wonderful story.
After we read The Wishing Tree, each student got a yellow ribbon to write a wish for a soldier. Then the fifth graders came around and helped the first graders tie them onto a tree for the fifth grade Veteran's Day program. These were just a few that I loved to read.
Thank you soldiers and families of soldiers, for all that you do for us.
Next week is the last week before Thanksgiving break. HOLY MOLY!
Thank you parents, for all that you do at home!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment