Dr.Seuss has got to be one of my favorite days of the school year!
There are so many fun things to do with Dr.Seuss and ALL of his amazing books.
Some people don't like Dr.Seuss...but I have to say I love him.
Every single book I have read, I have loved.
Earlier in the week, we read There's a Woket in my Pocket.
Then, the students made their own pockets and had to make up a funny character that is in their pocket.
Have I ever mentioned how much I don't like where this bulletin board is?
Oh well...maybe I'll change it for next year.
To start off Dr.Seuss Day, we made Cat in the Hat hats!
I think they turned out pretty darn cute.
I hate pictures of me...but the kids sure have cute smiles!
And who doesn't love silly faces?
For math, we did the same thing that we did for valentines day, just with gold fish this time.
I gave them a little baggie of colored gold fish, they had to make tally marks as they counted each color and make a graph on the back for the different colors.
This was my favorite part of the day.
If they wanted to bring their favorite Dr.Seuss book, they could tell us about the book and why it was their favorite book by Dr.Seuss. If they wanted to read it to us, I gave them the microphone and they read it!
They are sure confident readers. When I was their age, I think I would have been terrified to read out loud.
I was terrified to read out loud in high school. I am still sometimes scared to read out loud with a big group.
They are such a wonderful group of kids. Such great examples and such confidence. I have seen that confidence grow throughout the year and watching them read fairly difficult books put a huge smile on my face. Not only did they read the books, they read them with EXPRESSION! I am one lucky teacher. :)
It was a fun day! We all had a TON of fun, and we have learned a LOT this week!
This wasn't the only thing we did this week.
We also learned about compound words!
I taught them the compound boogie (on youtube), and we listened to it every day.
Songs are always a fun way to learn a new concept.
I can't sing at all...but they don't judge me and I love that.
I have had an amazing week thanks to a wonderful class and amazing parents! :)
Thank you parents for all that you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment