I know I forgot last week, and I felt so bad when I remembered! I never forget...and now all of a sudden I am forgetting so many things. But I am going to make up for it with this post. This week was tons of fun. One of the days we read an article about taking care of our earth, then we went out and picked up trash from the courtyard. I was amazed at how much trash there was. But I think we picked it all up! At least for now. But it was a nice break for all of us. We might have to go outside every morning and pick up trash. :)
One of the things that I forgot to do this month, was make our March calendar. We have had SO much going on this month, with 2 short weeks, and spring break...I completely forgot about it. Thanks to one of the students reminding me, I made sure to find time to do it before St. Patrick's Day. The girls made slits in the paper for their pencils so they can mark off the days as they go by. They are so creative.
We also made this bulletin board that turned out extremely cute, if I do say so myself. I don't like how the pot of gold turned out...but I didn't want to redo it. Plus, I figured nobody really cared THAT much. It's still cute.
I think next year, I am going to turn this one big bulletin board in to two smaller bulletin boards. It is in such a bad place with the TV in the middle and wires hanging down...I think that's what I'll do. But for now, it is a good place to hang some of their art work. I have always said I love seeing the different things they do because their personalities really show through their art and writing. I just love it!
So we made these leprechauns. They had to make the face, and the girls decided that there needed to be girl leprechauns. I agreed. And what leprechaun doesn't need a teddy bear?
We celebrated St. Patrick's Day on Friday, and had a good time with it. It was a pretty crazy day and we had a TON to do, so we didn't do much to celebrate it, but they got rainbow cupcakes and they all got to make pretty sweet hats.
If you would like to know how to make the rainbow cupcakes, click on this link:
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/taste-a-rainbow-cupcakes-842128/
Remember that we don't have school on Monday. If you bring your child, it would be really boring. :) Also, parent/teacher conferences are on Tuesday and Thursday. I am looking forward to seeing all of you there!
Thank you parents for all that you do! I would never be able to do what I do without all of you. I am a very lucky teacher to have all of you as the parents of my students, so thank you! Have a WONDERFUL weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment