Friday, September 16, 2011

First Full Week!

We made it through our first FULL week of school!  It was a long week full of learning and fun.  
This week, we finished reading our big book about story land!  It is like the last big book we read (with the monster and alphabet island) but it is about 3 kids going to story land.  The kids LOVED reading these books, and I am sad that there are no more books.  So in the big book we just finished, there was a character named "know-it-all".  He knew everything about writing and putting words together to make sentences.  His name was perfect for him.  The students got to draw a picture of know-it-all and the 3 kids that that story was about.  These are some GREAT pictures and I smile every time I look at them!  I have said this before, but our class is full of wonderful artists!
 Since the first day of school, we have been counting the days to 100.  Each day, the "bumblebee of the week" puts a bee on the doors and we count the bees every day, and we will until we get to 100.  The kids have fun with it and like to turn around and watch as the student of the week puts the bee on the doors.  I can't help but smile every day because they get so excited about it!
Each morning when the students come into class, they take out their homework folder and their "punch a bunch" (picture below).  I come around with a hole punch and if they did their reading/skills sheet and math the night before (sometimes just reading/skills sheet) then they get a bee punched out.
When all of the bees have been punched out, they get a "Homework Pass".  They can use this homework pass whenever they want to, but I can't replace it if they loose it.  This can be used for one nights of homework (both math and reading).  Maybe they have something going on a night (football practice, dance, piano, etc.) and they go right to bed.  This is the time to use the homework pass!  But it is all up to you, the parent, and your child.  They may use it whenever they want to!  They have deserved it!

Here are our first 6 that got a homework pass!  Congrats!
Side note: see the three pencil sharpeners on the shelf?  Yeah...none of them work.
There were six more that got one today, but I forgot to take a picture.  Congrats to those six as well!

Next week we will be celebrating Johnny Appleseed day, and don't forget about the carnival on the 23rd!  I am excited for next week and there will be lots of pictures to post.  :)  Thanks again parents for being such a big help!  I couldn't ask for a better class with such wonderful parents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment