Here we go! 4 1/2 more days of school - and next week is going to be the saddest, funnest week of my teaching career. I have so many fun things planned, but it is going to be sad to see them go. Hopefully they will all come and visit me next year! We finished our entire reading curriculum this week - just on time! We learned how to add -er and -est to a word, and what it means when you add them to words.
Of course, we also continued with our countdown! I am sad I didn't take NEARLY as many pictures this week, but I did take a few, and I remembered my camera, so that's a plus! Here is was we did this week for our countdown:
10 days left: Play Day!
On this day, we did a readers theater of The Three Little Pigs. I split up the class into 3 different groups, let them practice their parts for a while, then we did it in front of the class. We did this twice, changing up their characters the second time. They did SUCH a great job! I couldn't believe the wonderful expression that they were using. I was a very proud teacher and smiling the entire time.
9 days left: Sidewalk Chalk!
For this day, we went outside and made beautiful pictures and wrote thoughtful messages on the sidewalk for the people in the neighborhood. It was a very warm day, so we tried to find some shade on the side walk...as you can see in the picture, we didn't find much, but we found some to keep us cool! It was a perfect day for sidewalk chalk!
8 days left: Learn how to do Origami!
Mrs.Wells taught the class about Origami! They had so much fun with it and did a great job. I was so happy that they all followed directions so well.
7 days left: Make cards to next years first grade class!
I didn't take pictures for this day, but they turned out SO cute. I had them all make 2 cards for the students that I am going to have next year. I had them make 2, because I don't know how many students I am going to have. They drew pictures on the cards and wrote about what their favorite thing was in first grade. They spent a lot of time on them and I am hoping that the students next year will enjoy them as much as I do!
6 days left: Learn about the Ocean!
I didn't take pictures for this day either, but I should have! Basically we read a few books about the ocean, focusing on the choral reef, and learned about the different animals that live in the ocean. We also did a few math and literacy activities with ocean animals. There was a "crabby sneaky e" where we had to spell words that had a sneaky e at the end of the word, and a some addition activities that we did as well as some counting money. It turned out pretty fun and I hope the students learned as much as I did. I am always so fascinated with the ocean. I used to want to be the person that works with Shamu at Sea World...maybe one day I will get to do that :)
It was another fun week full of learning, and I hope that everyone had a good week! Next week is the LAST week of school! I can't believe it! We are still going to be learning and doing really fun things throughout the week - so please try to make sure your child is there! We will be taking a lot of our supplies home throughout the week, which is another reason why it is important every one is there. If you know your child isn't going to be at school on Friday, please let me know ahead of time so I can send some things home with him/her that I am giving them on Friday.
I am also wanting to get some addresses together so I can keep in contact with my students throughout the years - so if you haven't given that to me yet and you wouldn't mind me having it, please send it to school with your child some time this week. :)
Thank you SO much parents for everything you do! You have amazing children that have touched my heart and I truly care about each of them very much. It will be sad to say goodbye, but I am glad that they will be able to visit me next year (hopefully they will!)
I also wanted to share something that I am going to be doing this summer. I will be sending a flier home on Monday, but just to get the word out, I am going to be doing a Fancy Nancy Camp for Girls Only! To find out more details, go to this website: http://fancynancycamp.blogspot.com/
It will be really fun and I am getting very excited for it - I hope that I will be able to see some of my students there! :)



